The group sets market standards by creating innovative concepts, competitive pricing models whilst providing consistent level of service.
Alpine Group started out as Alpine Rent-a-car in 1967 as a car hire operator. This was the initiative of our CHAIRMAN, Tony Zahra, who at the time as a young entrepreneur foreseeing Malta’s future in tourism. Today the group has a combined paid up share capital in excess of EUR11million and employs over 200 employees.
Every new initiative undertaken by the group is still based on the same entrepreneurial spirit as in those early days. Then, as now, changing time have always been the basis for opportunities.
Our CHAIRMAN, Tony Zahra, is the founder of the group setting up the first company in 1967 at the age of 21. From then onwards he followed with more successful initiatives leading to the growth of Alpine Group as of today.
During the past 30 years he also held various Government appointments including directorships at The Malta Development Corporation, Malta International Airport plc and Air Malta plc.
He also held office of a number of constituted bodies including appointment as Senior Vice President of the Federation of Industries, Council Member of the Malta Chamber of Commerce and more recently the Malta Hotel and Restaurants Association, where he currently holds the position of President.
In 1994 he was appointed Hon. Consul of the Republic of Lithuania for Malta and still holds this position and was decorated with the Cross of officer of the Order of Lithuania Grand Duke Gediminas of Lithuania for services rendered to Lithuania.
- Opportunities for Maltese Investors Dr. Karl Strobl, a veteran within the investments industry with a focus on pensions and retirement, and Nick Zahra CFA, portfolio manager at Bastion, spent some time one afternoon discussing the Maltese investment arena. Click HERE to view video
- Opportunities in Business Jets Conference 2014 The continued growth of the Maltese aviation sector and the Malta Aircraft Registry has prompted a successful first conference on the subject to be repeated on 2nd April 2014. The conference, titled Opportunities in Business Jets 2014, will look at ways for the growth in this sector to continue, bringing more revenue and jobs to Malta. It will be hosted at the Westin Dragonara Resort in Malta. With a sharp focus on regulatory, financial, fiscal ...
- Maltese jet operator adds three aircraft to fleet Maltese business jet operator Maleth Aero has today added three aircraft to its fleet through a management contract with Swiss company SkyWork Executive. A new Beechcraft 90 GTX, a Beechcraft 350i and a Cessna Citation Ultra have all been placed on Malta’s fast growing aircraft registry and added to Maleth Aero’s Air Operator’s Certificate. Aircraft Corporate Services (Malta) Limited, part of the Alpine Group, managed the importation and registration of the three aircraft. “We are very pleased to ...
- Alpine Group appoints new chief executive officer Alpine Group, the travel, hospitality and financial services family business chaired by Tony Zahra, has named non-family member Lawrence Buttigieg chief executive officer, one year after he was appointed chief operations officer. We are ready to roll out a credit card acquiring operation Mr Buttigieg, who has just turned 33, joined the group in 2007 as personal assistant (finance), a role which soon evolved to group financial controller. Four years later he was named chief operations officer ...
- Aruba this September 2012 Fiona Healy, legal counsel at Aircraft Corporate Services (Malta), has been invited to speak at the Second Annual Offshore Aircraft Registration Conference this September 2012. The Conference will be held at the Renaissance Aruba Resort & Casino in Oranjestad on September 20th and 21st. For more details and for the full conference agenda please follow the link: http://aeropodium.com/cp/oar.html